Your Quick Start Guide
How to use the Fastsusu App
When you download the Fastsusu app, on the home page, you have the following options:
On the sign-up page we ask for your basic information, please make sure all information is accurate and true. Your information will be verified before you can join a group.
- First Name and Last Name
- Password: should be at least 12 characters, should include uppercase letters, lowercase, and numbers
- Address: Must be a street address and apartment number (if any).
- State: Two letters state code
- SSN: We require the last 4 digits of your social security number for verification purposes.
- Location: If you cannot find your city, please choose another city in the state you live in
- Date of Birth: yyyy-mm-dd format
- Nationality: Please add your nationality. Susu groups are practiced by communities worldwide! This option could be useful for connecting with friends & family.
- Link Bank Account: You are required to add a bank account to start saving in the Fastsusu app. Most US banks are accepted
- Invitation code (Optional): If you received an invitation from a friend, you could add the code in this field.
After the sign-up process, you will receive few emails:
- An email will be sent to verify your email address. Please click on the link attached in the email for verification.
- Another email will be sent to let you know if your Dwolla account was successfully created.
- And thirdly, a sign-up email to let you know if your Dwolla account was verified.
If your account was not verified, you will have to log in to the app, a form/upload field will appear where you will re-enter your information. If you receive another email after this that your account was not verified, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to manually verify your account.
Upon moving past this process, you will be prompted to enter a funding source. You will receive another email letting you know you successfully added a funding source (bank account)
To conclude the sign-up process, you will receive another email to let you know if your funding source was verified.
If you already have an account, you can log in directly from the home page by clicking on Log in.
- You can reset your password from the Login page by clicking on ‘Forgot your password
- If you did not verify your email or did not receive a verification email, you can click on ‘Didn’t get verification’. An email will be sent to you to verify your account
After you Sign-in, you will be taken directly to the Dashboard. On this page, we have three tabs:
A. My Susu: In this tab, you can see all the susus you are in. You can create a Susu group, and/or find existing groups.
- Create New: When you press on Create New button, you will choose the option of creating a Public Group (Currently unavailable for current version of app): accessible to everyone or a Private group: by invite only.
After you choose the group type and agree to Fastsusu’s terms and conditions, you will enter your Group information:
- Name of the group: Please choose a descriptive name, do not include profanity words or you might be ban from the platform
- Group category: Please choose your group’s category from the dropdown
- Number of Members: This is the number of members that will part of your group not including yourself. So, if you choose 3 members, the susu will have 4 members in total.
- Monthly Goal: This is the lump sum that each member will receive at the end of each cycle.
- Payment frequency: This is the cycle frequency. How often members should be paid. There are two options: Monthly or bi-weekly
- Total Payment per person: This is calculated based on the number of members and the monthly goal.
For instance, for a group of 4 (including admin) members and a monthly goal of $300. Each member will be paying $100 + transaction fees each cycle. The person receiving the lump sum is not included in the calculations.
If member 1 is the first person to receive the payment, members 2, 3, and 4 will each contribute $100 (in total $300) that will go to member 1. In the next cycle, member 2 will receive the payout and members 1, 3, and 4 contribute each $100. And so on depending on the number of members in the group.
- Start Date: This is the first payout date. When choosing a start date, allow time for people to join your group.
- End Date: This is the last payout date for the last member. This is the date for the end of the susu group as well.
After you finish creating your group, you can invite people to join your group from the Invite Your Friends button. This feature only gives the option to add people already signed up in the Fastsusu app. But you still can invite people to join the platform first by going to the navigation on the top left corner, then click on Invite Friends.
Note: You are only allowed to be part of two private groups and one public group at a time.
Note: For each private group, the maximum payment amount per cycle is $500. For public groups, your maximum payment cycle depends on your rating and other factors such as successful payments in the past, tier rating
B. Groups tab: In this tab, you can search and see groups by categories.
- Enter a group name in the search field, and a list of groups with similar names will be populated.
- After you find a group, you click on the group name to find more information about this susu group.
C. Stats: In this tab, you will find your rating, tier level, and other information. Click on each box to find more information.
On this page, you will receive notifications such as invites to join a group, new followers
On this page, you will find information regarding your upcoming and past payments to your susu groups
Found a group and want to come back to it later. You can bookmark susu groups and all bookmarked groups would appear on this page
We make it easier for you to communicate with your friends or susu members. Message icon is located on the top right corner of the dashboard page. Click on it and search people by name.
Located on the top left corner, has the following components:
- Edit Profile: You can update your phone number, profile picture, and other personal information from this page.
- Subscription: If you want to subscribe monthly or yearly to avoid transaction fees, you can choose the best option that fits your needs from this page.
- Invite Friends: You can invite your friends to join the platform from this tab.
- FAQ: You can find here our most frequently asked questions.
- Settings: From this page, you can update your notifications preferences, update Bank Accounts from Linked Accounts, and report any issues found in the application.
- Followers: You will see a list of your current followers.
- Logout: To log you out from the Fastsusu application